Ivan Kelly Fine Art Studio - Gallery
Ivan Kelly Studio-Gallery, Toledo, OR established 1993
25th Anniversary & Labor Day Weekend Art Reception --
Sept 1, 2, 3 10am - 5pm Daily
First Weekend Art Receptions
- every first Sat/Sun of the month
Saturday, 11am - 5pm Sunday, Noon - 5pm
"Painting Light on the Landscape has been Ivan Kelly’s enduring passion. His subjects feature the unique beauty of Oregon & Beyond", Coastal, Landscape and its Wildlife utilizing his appreciation for Mother Nature’s moods using light and shadow contrasts.
Ivan was raised in Ireland and immigrated to Canada in 1972. Shortly thereafter he began the practice of plein air (on-location) oil painting in the Canadian Rockies. Subsequent visits to paint the beautiful and dramatic Oregon Coast resulted in a move during 1993 for Ivan and his wife to Toledo, Oregon where his studio/gallery was built for the exclusive showing of his paintings.
I have no fancy philosophies about my art. I simply feel compelled to translate through the medium of paint those things that elicit in me a sense of excitement or wonder.
As a self-taught artist, Ivan has won National Awards and shown in many National Art Exhibits throughout the States.
Latest Juried Exhibits:
- 25th annual Coos Maritime Art Exhibit with three maritime art - thru September 2018 at Coos Bay Art Museum, Coos Bay, OR
- 5th Plein Air Competition and Sale: Toledo Labor Day Art Weekend, Sept. 1, 2, & 3rd, 2018
- Grand Juror for 4th Toledo Plein Air Art and Competition, 2017
- Juror Panel Board - 24th Coos Maritime Art Exhibit at Coos Bay Art Museum, 2017
- 16th annual American Impressionist Society National, Trailside Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ, 2015
- American Society of Marine Artists 16th National Online Exhibit "Windswept" 15 x 30 oil June 2014
- Pacific Maritime Heritage Center, Newport, OR June 2013 - May 2014.
- Pacific Dunes Awarded "Top 60" by the International Salon 13 at Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, Texas; April thru May 2013
- American Society of Marine Artists National Art Museum 2-year Exhibt Tour 2011 thru 2013 which includes eight public art museums.
Also look for his "Berry Picker" oil painting featured in the international Wildlife Art Journal, Spring/Summer 2012 issue.